With the regulation published in the Official Gazette on 26.12.2022, refurbished electrical and electronic equipment together with waste electrical and electronic equipment can now be imported.
The Regulation on the Management of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment was published in the Official Gazette dated 26.12.2022. With the regulation, the Regulation on the Control of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment published in the Official Gazette dated 22/5/2012 and numbered 28300 was abolished.
Regulation; for the protection of the environment in a sustainable way;
- To prevent the formation of waste electrical and electronic equipment on the basis of circular economy and resource efficiency principles, to collect waste electrical and electronic equipment separately when it cannot be prevented and to determine the methods and objectives of re-preparation, recycling and recovery in order to reduce the amount of waste electrical and electronic equipment to be disposed of,
- b) To manage waste electrical and electronic equipment within a certain management system, including a zero waste management system, in a way that does not harm the environment and human health,
- c) Strategies and policies aimed at determining the framework for the implementation of extended producer responsibility for manufacturers of electrical and electronic equipment and administrative, legal and technical procedures and principles were put into effect.
With the regulation, metropolitan and district municipalities within the boundaries of metropolitan municipalities, provincial and district municipalities of provinces other than metropolitan municipalities and special provincial administrations except for mujavir areas were defined as authorized administrations.
In the regulation, the duties, powers and obligations of local administrations were listed as follows:
- Metropolitan municipalities are obliged to coordinate the work carried out by the municipalities for the effective collection of AEEEs throughout the province.
- Special provincial administrations, provincial municipalities, metropolitan district municipalities, district municipalities, town municipalities and local administration associations;
- a) To carry out its activities related to the management of AEEEs in accordance with the Provincial Zero Waste Management System Plan prepared specifically for the province within the scope of the Zero Waste Regulation,
- b) To ensure the management of AEEEs and to inform the public by establishing waste collection centers and mobile waste collection centers in accordance with the provisions of the Zero Waste Regulation and by supporting the collection system with vehicles as a mobile waste collection center if necessary.
AEEE: waste electrical and electronic equipment