T.C. on 19.10.2022 In line with the announcement published by the Ministry of Interior Provincial Directorate of Migration Management, the first residence permit applications made by addressing the districts of Avcılar, Bahçelievler, Bağcılar, Başakşehir, Esenler, Esenyurt, Fatih, Küçükçekmece, Sultangazi and Zeytinburnu in Istanbul were closed indefinitely as of 20.10.2022.Regardless of the type of residence permit (short-term residence permit, touristic residence permit, immovable owner foreigner, etc.), the districts for which the first residence permit applications are specified will not be accepted and processed as of 20.10.2022.
The exclusions are listed below.
• Applications of Turkish citizens and family members of Blue Card holders as defined in Law No. 6458,
• Applications of family members defined in Law No. 6458 of foreigners with residence permits registered in the mentioned districts,
• Provided that the immovable is in the counted districts, foreigners who have a promise to sell immovable contract before the restriction date and acquire title deed after the restriction date, and foreigners who have a residence title in the mentioned district before the restriction date and apply for a residence permit for the first time after the restriction date, and their family members defined in the Law No. 6458 Applications within the scope of Article 31/1 (b) of the Law (for real estate purposes),
• Applications within the scope of clause 31/1 (f) of the Law No. 6458 (will be treated) by foreigners who receive inpatient treatment and give their hospital address as their residence address,
• Applications of foreigners within the scope of clause 31/1 (j) of Law No. 6458 (for investment purposes) and their family members defined in the said Law,
• Residence permit applications of students enrolled in universities in the counted districts or in institutes/faculties/colleges of universities in these districts,
• Except for the residence permit transition applications or extension applications to be made within the legal period in order to change the type of active residence permit in the counted districts,
The first residence permit applications made as of 20.10.2022 will not be accepted.